Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UserGroups and forum permissions

Hi,

When I am creating a user group, it has forum level permissions like canview, can___ etc etc.

Will these permissions be applied to ALL the forums? WHere do you specifiy permissions for each forum individually?

basically what I should be asking is, the permissions that I set on a usergroup level will be applied to which forum? or does it default to ALL of them?

Comment

Editing a usergroup though Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > Edit Usergroup will apply to all forum(s) and using Forums & Moderators / Usergroups > Forum Permissions method will only apply to those forum(s).

Comment

so what happens if I edit a usergroup, will it override all the other permissions on the forums that I set explicitly?

Comment

Yes/No, as it seems if you edit through Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > Edit Usergroup > Forum Viewing Permissions > Can View Forum: [No] and set through Forums & Moderators > Forum Permissions > Forum Viewing Permissions > Can View Forum: [Yes]. It would seem it does not let you see any forums though, if the logic was the same for to view forums, then it should go with all other settings, but it does not.

If you edit settings through Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > Edit Usergroup for thread(s) to view, post and upload, then it will apply to all forums you create now and before, but if you then edit per forum through Forums & Moderators > Forum Permissions it will over setting (except Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > Edit Usergroup > Forum Viewing Permissions > Can View Forum, as it overrides even what is set in per forum) what is set per Usergroups > Usergroup Manager.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X