Using custom profile fields in MEMBERINFO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using custom profile fields in MEMBERINFO

We have a custom profile field (7, I double checked to be sure the number didn't change) that stores a users full name (we require full names in our forums).

As such, we display the full name in places like the postbits and also MEMBERINFO

I can't get it to show up above the musername in MEMBERINFO, however.

I used to just use: $post[field7]

I put this above $prepared[musername] but it doesn't show up.

Am I supposed to do it differently... am I supposed to "prepare" it somehow and use $prepared[field7] or something?

Thanks.
    www.morcmtb.org

I think using
    PHP Code:
    <if condition="$profilefield['fieldid'] == 7">$profilefield[value]</if> 
    should work. If not, use
    PHP Code:
    <if condition="$profilefield['title'] == 'Name of Field'">$profilefield[value]</if> 
    definitely works. Might not work in every memberinfo template though. Should definitely work in memberinfo_profilefield

Comment

Im trying to include a custom profile field on the MEMBERINFO template but the above does not seem to work, either does the old style of using $post[fieldx]

Has anyone got this to work yet>

Thanks

Comment

Other $post atributes dont seem to working anymore either. I need the $post[avatarurl].

Comment

you can substitute $post[fieldx] for $userinfo[fieldx] which works with customfields in MEMBERINFO but doesn't seem to work with [avatarurl] I'm afraid.

Comment

maybe related to this, I noticed that in MEMBERINFO the $customfields variable is empty... may I use another variable name?

thanks all
            regards

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X