Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing postbit template

Hi
    I recently tried to change the postbit template specifically to edit the size of the line that breaks the bottom of the post with the signature.
    Whatever I change it too though does not appear to go live. I think its probably something obvious but does anyone have a suggestion as to why the site is not reflecting template change?

Cheers

The only thing that would make the template change not take effect is if you are using a different style than the one that you make the change in.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thats what I thought but yet it does not seem to get edited.
      The templates I have are all significantly different so I know the correct one is active. I will double check and see but its strange as I did try these stages before.
      I am correct in thinking the postbit template is the part that control the rendering of threads (such as this one) and thus controls the display of signatures.

Comment

Right I deleted this chunk of code from postbit which I thought would mean that no signatures would show regardless but yet they remained. I also added the styleid to the url bar to ensure its the correct one.
        Code:
        $template_hook[postbit_signature_start]
          <if condition="$post['signature']">
          <!-- sig -->
           <div>
            __________________<br />
            $post[signature]
           </div>
          <!-- / sig -->
          </if>
          $template_hook[postbit_signature_end]
        Any ideas why the change did not get reflected in the full screen refresh?

Cheers for the help

Comment

are you using the legacy postbit? (postbit info on the side instead of the top). It's a different template (postbit_legacy)

Comment

Yeh I discovered that just now. Was being a muppet. Sorry for wasting your time

This can be deleted.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X