Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two problems with 3.7

In my 3.7 testforum I encountered two problems:

1. When I try to login to my admincp I get a blank page. I tried to disable all plugins via the config.php with no use. As soon as i login to the modcp and then try to login to the admincp it all of a sudden works.

2. On my forumhomepage I get an error even with all plugins disabled and with the default style. And yes I deleted my entire IE history and cookies:

Line: 83
    Char: 2
    Error: 'YAHOO' is undefined
    Code: 0
    Url: http://xxx

Any idea what can cause those problems?

Have you tried reinstalling it? Also make sure the /includes/config.php is correct..

Comment

I checked my /includes/config.php file and there is nothing suspicious in it.

Another think I noticed is that my admincp is still showing "Admin Control Panel (vBulletin 3.6.8 Patch Level 2)" and not vBulletin 3.7...

Comment

Did you upload all of the 3.7 package files and actually run install/upgrade.php?
        Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Yes I did and the upgrade script showed no errors in the process.

Comment

Do you have any modification installed?

Comment

Yes but the errors I described are there even if I disable all modifications.

I have put "define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);" into config.php

Comment

Try reuploading all of the PHP files; is there also any database errors that are being triggered?

Can you rerun the upgrade script and see if it does anything?

Comment

I rerun the upgrade script but that didn't do anything. There are no database errors.
                  I will upload all files again tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by aidler View Post
                    In my 3.7 testforum I encountered two problems:

1. When I try to login to my admincp I get a blank page. I tried to disable all plugins via the config.php with no use. As soon as i login to the modcp and then try to login to the admincp it all of a sudden works.

2. On my forumhomepage I get an error even with all plugins disabled and with the default style. And yes I deleted my entire IE history and cookies:

Line: 83
                    Char: 2
                    Error: 'YAHOO' is undefined
                    Code: 0
                    Url: http://xxx

Any idea what can cause those problems?
                    Do you use with VBA? If yes please check VBA site it is fixed now. If you install vbulletin alone, please revert your headinclude templated. I had the same error and I reverted head include template and it was fixed.

Comment

No, I don't use VBA. I have the errors when using the default "vBulletin 3" style (without any changes) and with all modifications disabled.

More things I noticed:

1. In the admincp the "Thread Prefixes" settings don't work at all. I just get a blank page and no error message.
                      2. In the usercp I can't finde the "Customize Profile" and "Social Groups" menu items although I have enabled these features.
                      3. In the usercp clicking on the menu item "Contacts & Friends" produces a blank page and no error message.

I uploaded all files again but that didn't change anything either. I'm at a loss now and have no more ideas .
                      Last edited by aidler; Fri 4 Jan '08, 5:25am.

Comment

Ok "display_errors" was turned off in the php.ini so I turned it back on. That's why I got all those blank pages.

1. In the admincp > Thread Prefixes:

Code:

Warning: require_once(/includes/functions_prefix.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /admincp/prefix.php on line 25
                        Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/srv/www/vhosts/xxx.com/httpdocs/testforum/includes/functions_prefix.php' (include_path='.:.:.:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php5/PEAR') in /srv/www/vhosts/xxx.com/httpdocs/testforum/admincp/prefix.php on line 25
                        2. In the usercp > Contacts & Friends:

Code:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function fetch_avatar_from_userinfo() in /srv/www/vhosts/xxx.com/httpdocs/testforum/profile.php on line 1407
                        3. When first going into my admincp:

Code:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function update_loadavg() in /srv/www/vhosts/xxx.com/httpdocs/testforum/admincp/global.php on line 204
                        4. A new one. Clicking on "Your Profile" in the usercp:

Code:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function fetch_avatar_from_userinfo() in /srv/www/vhosts/idler-online.com/httpdocs/testforum/includes/class_userprofile.php on line 181
                        Last edited by aidler; Fri 4 Jan '08, 5:54am.

Comment

Has someone found out what is causing my problems and can give me a hint how to solve them?

Comment

These errors would be caused by one of the following:

1) All the files were not uploaded to the server.

2) The file structure was not maintained when uploading files to the server.

3) The files were uploaded improperly and were either truncated or are in a binary format that messes with the programming.

To fix this, you need to re-upload all *.php files in ASCII format except for install/install.php.
                            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

1. All Files were uploaded to the server. I checked it.
                              2. The structure on the server is correct.
                              3. All .php files were uploaded using ASCII mode.

Nevertheless I reuploaded all .php files and run the update.php script two more times. Nothing chanced... the errors are still there.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X