I don't understand this editor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't understand this editor.

I must be missing something on the editor in vBulletin. As I type I am looking at buttons such as Bold, Italic, and a photo button. Fairly straight forward, even for an old guy. But I want to place text to the right of the image. Sounds easy enough, but the text starts at the bottom. I want it to start at the top. I've only ever seen text at the top of an image, on the internet, in software and in books. I've never noticed text starting at the bottom on the right.

I've asked for help and on this and I have received the informaton. I appreciate the response. What I don't understand is WHY? Why is coding required for every image that I want the text at the top right? Is it technically possible to make this happen automatically? This seems like a fairly commonsense issue to me. I want to be able to place an image and start entering words, not start coding.

Can someone help me understand? I must be missing something.
    BillStilwell.com

Go into your UCP --> Edit Options and pick the "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG editing. That will make the text bold ect. with out using BBcodetags.

Regards Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Bill_ View Post
      What I don't understand is WHY? Why is coding required for every image that I want the text at the top right? Is it technically possible to make this happen automatically? This seems like a fairly commonsense issue to me. I want to be able to place an image and start entering words, not start coding.
      Not sure what the response was you got - I would assume you were told to either use an align attribute or a float in a style attribute.

Thats how it works. Thats how its expected to work. For vBulletin to automatically put in such an attribute that would make it so it didnt work how it was expected anymore.

As to "WHY?" ... you would need to ask those that write the HTML standards that one.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X