Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christinichka
    replied
    What do you mean by update with the content that I want? Where? In the index.php file? Sorry I'm rather new. I just tried to update the url in the php file and now when I type www.alamedacountymom.com it says
    Error 403 - Forbidden

You tried to access a document for which you don't have privileges.

So I pasted back in what I cut out and reuploaded and it's still there. Sorry I am new at this

Leave a comment:

• Andy Huang
    replied
    You currently have an index.html in your root directory (just above the /forums/ ) which forwards to /public_html/forums/index.php, you need to update that with the content you want, and it should be fine... You may also be able to set your CMPS page as the start page, but I don't know how to do CMPS out side of forum directory, so you should contact vBAdvance ppl and see if they can help you with moving the file out of forum directory and into your domain's root dir.

Leave a comment:

• Christinichka
    replied
    Thank you! But is there any way to get my main page to just read www.alamedacountymom.com without the forum/index.php after it?

Leave a comment:

• Andy Huang
    replied
    FTP into your host, and move everything in public_html one level up.
    IE:
    /public_html/forums/index.php => /forums/index.php
    ... etc.

Leave a comment:

• Christinichka
    started a topic Main page address messed up

Main page address messed up

My main page address should be www.alamedacountymom.com when but it shows up as http://alamedacountymom.com/public_h...rums/index.php what can I do to fix this?

Also the link to my forum page is http://alamedacountymom.com/public_h...rums/forum.php is that correct? How can I change the name to my site name rather than just Forums?
    Last edited by Christinichka; Sun 30 Dec '07, 10:25pm. Reason: found a link so had to change the question a bit