Weird error when viewing a profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird error when viewing a profile

I get this at the top of the forum when viewing a profile. This is what I did on this forum. I imported the users from a MyBB forum (along with posts, threads, and forums) to a vB 3.6.8 forum.

After all that was finished, I upgraded the forum to 3.7 Beta 2. Everything seemed ok. Then I went to view someone else's profile and it showed this at the top of the forum:

Warning: mktime() expects parameter 4 to be long, string given in /includes/class_userprofile.php on line 243
    I'm just training right now with vB 3.7 and Impex with a previous vB version btw. What would this error be about though?

Hmm... seems to happen when I view most of the people's profiles. (Doesn't happen when I view my own, or one other persons profiles, but for the rest it happens. Note: The other person is still in the same usergroup as the ones that put out the error as well but his doesn't None of the profiles are styled either.)

Which version of PHP are you running? I know there was a bug in PHP that caused this error.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm on 5.2.5

Comment

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Still have the same problem. I've even upgraded to vBulletin 3.7 Beta 3 now. When I view my own profile, I don't get that problem. When I view someone elses, it shows up at the top.

But there's a user on my forum where it doesn't happen to his also. So out of about 8 members, 6 show that error at the top when viewing their profiles.

Edit: Well I'm thinking it might have been when I imported to vB 3.6.8 before the upgrade. Think that might have been it? The importer said it was for MyBB 1.2.2 (or somewhere along those lines). I was on MyBB 1.2.10.

I've uninstalled vBulletin (and everything else on my site since I'm kind of done with my site...) and yeah... this issue is no more... lol
          Last edited by Antonio_424; Fri 21 Dec '07, 5:52am.

Comment

It happened to me after importing from mybb. If you fill in the user's birthdate, that should fix the problem.
            If you would like to see a Mass PM feature in VB please vote for it here
            *Learn Hungarian*

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X