X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU Limit Suceeded?

So ever since upgrading I've been receiving a

This Account Has Exceeded Its CPU Quota
    I'm assuming its due to 3.7 since they only started since I upgraded. xD So is there anyway to fix, I contacted my technical support but they just linked me to FAQ which said to contact the programmer/admin. :P

Originally posted by Phenomena0 View Post
    So ever since upgrading I've been receiving a

I'm assuming its due to 3.7 since they only started since I upgraded. xD So is there anyway to fix, I contacted my technical support but they just linked me to FAQ which said to contact the programmer/admin. :P
    Since this is beta you can of course restore your database backup and downgrade to 3.6 Several people have reported performance issues:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=252857
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=252850

Although I don't see why... it's not like people would start mass-using the new features...
    CemZoo Wiki - The complete anime encyclopedia
    CemZoo Foros - Spanish Anime & Gaming Community (also browse our archive)

Comment

That message usually comes from hosting provider (I don't think vBulletin even have that in phrases anywhere). You may wish to check with them to see which script is eating up all the cpu time, perhaps there's something caught in a bad loop.
      Best Regards,
      Andy Huang

Comment

I havent experienced any slow downs.

Anyways I ran some of the maintence scripts from the ACP and I'm seeing alot of this:

Warning: 4 clients are using or haven't closed the table properly
        not sure what that means, I just posted it just in case. >_>

Comment

It's not from vbulletin... but one can configure apache to have a cpu limit.... of course the host provider may have anything else setup in place.

Um... I'd really be interested in knowing what methods a host or someone use to check what script is using most cpu time.... I don't know of a quick and effective way to measure that.
          CemZoo Wiki - The complete anime encyclopedia
          CemZoo Foros - Spanish Anime & Gaming Community (also browse our archive)

Comment

Andy I checked my my cpu_exceeded logs and I'm seeing this a bunch of times.

Tue Dec 18 15:59:57 2007: used 0.11 seconds of cpu time for HTTP Request: halotrialmods.org : GET /forums/announcement.php?f=12&a=4 HTTP/1.1
            I deleted the specified announcement, it was old anyway, we'll see what happens >_>

Comment

Originally posted by kentaurus View Post
              It's not from vbulletin... but one can configure apache to have a cpu limit.... of course the host provider may have anything else setup in place.

Um... I'd really be interested in knowing what methods a host or someone use to check what script is using most cpu time.... I don't know of a quick and effective way to measure that.
              There isn't they're using a fcgi or cgi php build with a module to watch scripts usage.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X