3.7 beta running very slow on live site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Booth View Post
    I installed the 3.7 beta 2 on my quieter live site and have found it's running very slow. I had no problem with running 3.6.8, it was very quick.

If I switch the option to not go over 5.0 (server load) in admin, the site gives the message "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later." So that gives you an indication of how much the server load is.

Is this normal for the beta?
    Seems like my performance has improved.

Comment

Notice no performance difference on my forum.

Comment

Since updating I have gotten two or three cpanel emails regarding high server load, I used to never get these. It's on a dedicated box as well. For the most part it seems to be nice and fast but from time to time it seems to grind to a hault for some reason.

Comment

Anything more specific about the errors?
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
            Anything more specific about the errors?
            Not at the moment, by the time I get the [statscheck] Stats/Sever Overlaod email from my server It's usually passed. It appears to spike but doesn't remain. If I am able to get any more details I will let you know though.

Comment

no changes at all here for upgrading 3.6.8 => 3.7 , and im on VPS and surveying cpu and ram and I can conffirm its does not eat much memory at all. you probably have a failing addon/plugin
              security community

Comment

Check your mods installed. There are a few mods that actually run themselves twice or more when used on 3.7. Disable all plugins and see if you notice a performance issue. I haven't experience any slower performance yet.
                zaiaku|umkz

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X