Moderation Not Forwarding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderation Not Forwarding

OK guys I am a complete dummy when it comes to computers. My server had some issues and now I am not able to see Users Awaiting Moderation. In the past I would just hit Search For Users then Members Awaiting Moderation and all new registrants would appear. Now I have checked the settings and they appear to be set the same way, I have changed absolutely nothing. Does anybody have any Idea what may be wrong or what I should check. My server did some changes with my email accounts. I am lost here. Thanks for any help.

Not sure what you mean, but if they have not responded to the email activation yet then they will not be in the Moderated group.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve thanks for the reply and I really apologize for my ignorance. I will try to explain it a bit better what my problem is.

I have run my board for years with no problems. Whenever I get a new member that tries to register I have to manually approve them. Up until a few days ago here were the steps I would take.

Admin>Users>Search For Users>List Users Awaiting Moderation

Then all new users that have registered were right there and I would simply approve or deny their membership.

As of 3 days ago this function has seemed to just stop working for me. I even tried to register on the board with another email address and got nothing from the board (no confirmation Email etc) So I believe the people trying to register are not even getting a confirmation email from the message board to activate the account.

Thanks for any help.

Comment

There is nothing is vB that would just make that stop working. Do you use email activation?

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> User Registration Options -> Verify Email address in Registration

If so, are those users in the Users Awaiting group?

As for the emails, vB uses the server for it's email. Assuming you have not disabled emails in the Admin CP or in config.php, then if there are problems the issue is either with the server itself or on the receiving end.

Please see this page for help troubleshooting email problems:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/troubleshoot_email
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X