Help!! VB down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!! VB down

I'm preparing to upgrade in a few weeks and have been going through the items I have/ want to keep or remove.

I've been getting a lot of weird links coming from my chat according to google and my #1 keyword on the site is now "download" I have a stock site. Anyways, I assumed some fom of hacking as the flashcat script was old. So I wanted it removed and a new one installed.

I picked up the new script. I went to my site. bulletinboard/chat and removed the contents of the chat section. I was unable to remove some of the files as my FTP said they were in use. (did not try to install the new one-just trying to find out what went wrong)

But now my board is missing for anyone looking for it. I just have a blank page.

Anyone know off hand what the problem could be or the best way to rectify it?
    Penny Stock Forum

Start Here: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/blank_pages

I noticed that the other pages of your forum are working... just not your index. Try disabling your plug-ins since that's where the problem started and go from there.

Refer to step #4 in the above link I just showed you.
    To be updated...

Comment

THanks. I noticed the other pages were working as well.

Its the attempted deletion of the /chat section that screwed me up and most of that section hasn't even been removed. Contacted the host to see if they can do it, or if they see the problem.

I'm saying all this before I go and check out your link, I'll see if your idea works now.

Thanks.
      Penny Stock Forum

Comment

I tried tip#4 putting the lined at the end of the page and got this error
        Parse error: parse error, unexpected '<' in /home/thepenn/public_html/bulletinboard/includes/config.php on line 165
        Penny Stock Forum

Comment

Originally posted by keithsan View Post
          I tried tip#4 putting the lined at the end of the page and got this error
          Parse error: parse error, unexpected '<' in /home/thepenn/public_html/bulletinboard/includes/config.php on line 165
          Normally, we just put it on the 2nd or 3rd line of Config.php after <?php

You should not be putting anything before

<?php at the beginning or after the ?> at the end.

You are getting that error, I am guessing becuase you put the disable hooks command after the ?> at the end of the file.
          To be updated...

Comment

ENF thank you!

You called the problem right away. Thats impressive! I misread the fix and was putting the <? with the other line....

now I have to disable the plugins that went with the chat-maybe thats the issue.
            Penny Stock Forum

Comment

Ok - Glad you got it.

Once you have cleaned up your board, remove that line from config.php to see if any other problems arise.

Repeat the process if necessary to clean up your board further.

Good Luck!
              To be updated...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X