security token was missing arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• security token was missing arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hello im totally annoyed with this bloody issue. Ive upgraded, patched , edited configs like i read here in the forums and still nothing works.

Even cleared ALL browser caches and still nothing.

I would be greatful if someone can login to my cpanel and have a look at this for me im sick of this error i cant even launch my new forum because of this error.

It happens on usercp,posting and logging in

Doing my head in !

I didnt buy vBulletin for this to happen

The problem is that you have a modification that is not compatible with the latest version of vB.

Please see this thread for the steps to resolve this error:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296967

Comment

i did i did everything ive read through all the threads and still its happening. its doing my nut !

Comment

You tried re-uploading the files?

Did you install any modifications?

Comment

Does it happen consistently - everytime you try to post? If so, check the page source and look at the form on the page and make sure you actually see a security token in the form and that a value is there.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Okay its not more regular now just on profile.php

Comment

Originally posted by dodgeboard.com View Post
              You tried re-uploading the files?

Did you install any modifications?
              re-uploaded about 3 times now. And no i didnt install any mods

Comment

Clear your all your cookies and cache from your internet browser.

Check to see if the error occurs in IE8 or Firefox only. If so its a browser issue you are having and nothing we can do to fix it unless your clear the cache/cookies.

Comment

Ive done all that tried on mozilla and ie.

Also found now the problem happening when trying to close or stick a thread in postings.php.

This is doing my head in i just need a working solution or maybe someone from vb team can checkout my files.

Its the latest patch and everything is upgraded properly.

Comment

The latest patch is fine. Since this is a new install and you have no mods installed and you have followed all of the instructions in the link that was provided, I suggest you submit a support ticket. But be patient, the team is currently being overwhelmed with dealing with vB4 complaint issues at the moment. It may take them a while to get to you. Once you submit the ticket, don't update it, as this pushes it to the bottom of the queue.

Good Luck!

Comment

Okay ive gone and done that hopefully they will fix it for me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X