Upgrades to 3.8.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrades to 3.8.2

I've had very limited access to controls on my website for some time. the hosts have just completed an upgrade of their servers and at long last I have full access again. I'm currently running 3.6.8 and have just downloaded the latest version of the software- 3.8.2. What problems might I experience installing the latest version of the forum software?

Mike

Be sure to make a backup of your database first.

Upgrading will always overwrite any hacks or changes you made to the vB files. However it will not change any plug-in or product add-ons, although you may have to ask the authors of these add-ons if they are compatible with the latest version of vB.

Also upgrading will not overwrite custom templates. Nonetheless because you are coming from such an old version none of your custom templates will work. You will need to revert all templates and redo your changes.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi cern,

I upgraded my forum from 3.68 to 3.82 a few weeks ago. It went pretty well.

Here are a few things you may want to put on your check list:

-- Check that the third party addons you use are compatible with 3.82. If not, download the version that's compatible, so you are ready to update those addons after you install 3.82.

-- There are lots of template changes between the two versions. Depending on the amount of template changes you have made, merging your changes over to new template may take some time. In my case, I revert to default template first then apply my custom changes. If you don't update your templates, you will not see lots of the new things.
      War is only fun when you are winning.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X