Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colin F
    replied
    Finduser requires the userid, and doesn't support using the username, sorry.

Leave a comment:

• mikep
    replied
    Thanks Collin, I know you didn’t have to help since this version isn't supported anymore, or even really a support issue.. So much appreciated

The method you mentioned is great, its just that the searches via this often require capatche(?) / spam protection. However, do=finduser&u= doesnt require this.

Is there any accurate way of mapping username to id (without creating something to query the database, since I want to do this with external forms too)

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    There are no feeds with this information, you'd need to set up something like this yourself, or query the database directly.

To simply return a users posts you can use this search link:
    search.php?do=process&searchuser=username&exactname=1&showposts=0

Leave a comment:

• mikep
    started a topic getting all post for a user (name)

getting all post for a user (name)

Hi there,

This is a long shot, and I just require pointing in the right direction.

I'm designing and 2nd part of my game site, which with the username only, requires the ability to:

1) count all of the posts made by a user
    2) Retrieve all of the posts (in full) made by a user
    3) Possibly get the URL of each post
    (if possible, I may want to do this with an external forum too, and may not be able to query the DB directly)

currently Im using:
    forum/search.php?do=finduser&u=xyz
    To list each of the posts, but it uses the userID value not userName
    and it doesnt list the posts in full, or give the url of the individual posts

Is there any referencing material I can be pointed to that may help me?

In and ideal world, what I'm after is kind of : "XML feed for all the posts for a given username", then I could just suck this out of the site and chop it up the way I need it

Thanks.
    Last edited by mikep; Thu 15th Jan '09, 5:20pm.