admin locked out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• admin locked out

Ok a admin locked out of the board when he resets his pass word it doesnt go to his email msn has have problems. so when the wife tries to log on the board she also gets pass word will reset in 15 minutes. ok when she clicks the reset pass word it goes to her email but when she tries to log on it wont work still, says the 15 minute thing.So do I need another admin to manual reset the pass word. wife and I share same computer.

is there a way to reset it in the server

Why don't they write down the password on a sheet of paper so that they don't have so much of a problem when logging in?
    Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
    Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

its not that. I had another admin reset the pass word and when the admin tried to log in it said it again. you have locked the account and have to wait 15 minutes. I dont know why the admin cant log on

Comment

Originally posted by CUBS View Post
        its not that. I had another admin reset the pass word and when the admin tried to log in it said it again. you have locked the account and have to wait 15 minutes. I dont know why the admin cant log on
        You have to wait until the 15 minutes is up before logging in. If that still happens after the 15 minutes I think you might have a bug. Get them to check their junk mail folders
        Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

I had another admin reset the pass word and when the admin tried to log on it said you have to wait 15 minutes

Comment

I had another admin reset the pass word and when the admin tried to log on it said you have to wait 15 minutes
            You have to wait for 15 minutes before logging in.
            Are you an admin of your site? Make a change to how many times people can log in. Usually it is 5 times before having to wait for 15 minutes.
            Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

yeah the main one and I cant even log into the admin panel. should I try a different computer. I had my server company tech to see if he could log on and he did. but i thought once another admin resets my password i would be able to log on asap not wait 15 minutes
              Last edited by CUBS; Sun 23rd Nov '08, 3:31pm.

Comment

yeah the main one and I cant even log into the admin panel. should I try a different computer. I had my server company tech to see if he could log on and he did. but i thought once another admin resets my password i would be able to log on asap not wait 15 minutes
                No you have to wait 15 minutes. You can reset your password but you must wait 15 minutes before trying to log in again. You can't log in asap because once you have gone past the limit you have no choice but to wait 15 minutes.
                Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

ok thanks will wait

Comment

ok thanks will wait
                    Cheers mate. Have a good one
                    Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

Simply upload tools.php that came with vBulletin into the /install directory. Then restore administrator access.
                      Regards,
                      Nick

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X