Multiple Forum Permissions Possible?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Forum Permissions Possible?

My forum has many subforums that I need to give many different access permissions to members. Is there a way for me to assign permissions to many different groups of ppl to different forums?

I know that there 2 types of usergroups, but that will allow me to assign permissions based on 2 criterias only. Is there a way for me to get more?

Tks.

You can assign permissions per forum and usergroup here:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

tks but i'm aware of that. i just need more criteria. example, i have 3 forums, A, B & C.

for 1 group, i need access to A but not to B & C. for another group, i need access to B but not A & C. for another i need access to A & B but not C. right now, there are only 2 usergroups to work with, but in this case, i need 3 different criteria and 2 usergroups are not enough. In actual case, i need more than 3 different criteria. Is there any way around this?
      Last edited by jl255; Sat 22nd Nov '08, 5:56am.

Comment

Users can be a member of multiple usergroups through secondary usergroups. You can have users in as many different usergroups as needed.
        Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Working...
        X