Notification Removal when thread moved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notification Removal when thread moved

On our Board we have a Recycle Bin. We don't delete threads we move them to the "bin" So we always have proof.

Here's the problem, When someone subscribes to the thread, they get a notification if one of us(moderators/Admins) reply to it...Is there any way to remove the notification if moved to the "bin" automatically?

That does not happen with the default vB code. With he default vB email notifications are only sent out for threads that a member has access to. If this really is happening, then either your permissions are wrong or an add-on is causing this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks Steve.

Comment

OK when someone uses the Instant email notification. It emails them the reply and a link. They can't get to the link.. but they can read the reply in the e-mail... can I turn that off?

Comment

As I said that does not happen with the default vB code. No such email is sent to anyone that does not have permission to access that thread. Sorry I did not make that clear.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Huh ... thanks Steve. I'll check all of the add on's and see what I can come up with?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X