Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• link to text

Hello,

with an older version of vbulletin when I put a HTML link i could set it to display a text description so if I put http://www.link.com I cold then make it show only as click here.

I cant seem to activate this and all I get is just the link.

Also is there anyway to display the link choice pop up where it says choose http: maito: etc

many thanks

[url=http://your.link.here]Link Text Here[/url] should result in Link Text Here

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

thanks thats great,

the old forum did this automatically

Comment

sorry tried that suggestion above didnt work

Comment

Yo copy/pasted exactly what I wrote into a post on your forum and ??? What exactly was the result? Saying it 'didn't work' doesn't tell me much.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

result I get when posting is

http://www.forumlink.com/forum/register.php]Forum Registration Link[/url]

Comment

what do you have set in vboptions > bbcode settings > Enabled Built-in BB Codes Are all those boxes checked?

Comment

php and code turned off

Comment

Perhaps try disabling your modifications and then do another copy/paste of that line and see what happens.
                  Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
                  define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

did that as suggested and the same result.

Comment

I'm not really sure what else to suggest. Perhaps you should put in a Support Ticket.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X