Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RSS Poster Robot XML error: XML Error: "not well-formed (invalid token) at line 9"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khashyar
    replied
    Hi Zachery,

Yes, I downgraded to php v4 because of a bug in php5 that affected one of my php forms for a "Tell a Friend" script.

My webhost for this account in ipower (fortunately, and unfortunately )... But I assume that they keep their xml files up-to-date... What question would I post to ipower tech support? Ask them if their XML libraries are up-to-date?

Two questions come to mind about this error:

1) what is "line 9" that is referred to in the error message. Is that referring to an error in VB code?

2) Why does the Google feed work, but not the Yahoo feed?

Is it possible to do a test of the Yahoo RSS URL on another VB installation?

Thanks for your ideas about how to resolve this.

Khashyar

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Its possible that your libxml or xml libraries in general are out of date or mismatched. Did you have a specific reason to downgrade to php4?

Leave a comment:

• Khashyar
    replied
    Hi Zachery,

Merry Christmas

Thanks for your feedback and response.

What is strange, is because the Yahoo news feed stopped working at the same time that I reverted to PHP 4 from PHP 5, I thought that since nothing changed with the news feed code, that it should be working.

I did a test with a Google news feed tonight, and the Google feed IS working and posting.

This is the URL format for one of the Yahoo News feeds that I am using (and that is not working): http://news.search.yahoo.com/news/rs...F-8&fl=0&x=wrt

Do you have an idea as to why I receive the XML error on this RSS URL?

Would someone be able to test this feed URL in their VB forum?

Thanks for your help and feedback.

Khashyar

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Its possible the feeds that you're requesting are malformed, or are getting that way when the server finishes downloading them.

Leave a comment:

• Khashyar
    replied
    Hi Everyone,

I just upgraded my vbulletin installation to the latest version (3.7.4), and I am still receiving this RSS Feed error.

I would appreciate any ideas or feedback to help resolve this.

Thanks,

Khashyar

Leave a comment:

• RSS Poster Robot XML error: XML Error: "not well-formed (invalid token) at line 9"

Hi Everyone,

My RSS Feeds for our VB forum (www.DalaiLamaFilm.com/community) was working fine until Nov 3, after our website server switched from PHP5 back to PHP4...

The RSS scheduled tasks indicates that it runs fine, but I noticed that there was no more news being posted in the News section.

I ran the RSS feed scheduler manually, and I received this error for all of my news feeds in the Admin Panel:

XML Error: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 9
    I appreciate the help and feedback regarding this.

Khashyar
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X