Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spam problem solved, very simple solution..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam problem solved, very simple solution..

I've been a victim lately to the ridiculous amounts of spam signups and posts lately. They were all bots. I found a solution on here that seemed to have completely stopped the signups. I figured I'd post the link to the instructions that solved my problem. Hopefully it'll solve it for other people as well. Thanks.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=205214

I would upgrade to 3.7.3 PL1 at least, turn on reCAPTCHA and add your TIP on top of that.

Comment

There is an add on to do this from within the admin panel but it didn't seem to stop them much either even when I was changing the statements every couple of days.

What I found is working so far are two add ons. One to limit the posting of links, images etc based on post count.

Since the bots couldn't post links they were still joining like madman to get a link in the signature of their profile. I found a hack that removes using the signature until x number of posts.

These have both slowed them down to a crawl. Just a thought, I know mods aren't allowed but could be implemented down the road in future versions.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X