Banning IPs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banning IPs?

If I want to ban all the IP addresses that begin with "77." what would I enter into the IP banning form?

Would entering "77.*" (without quotes) do the trick without banning ips that might start with 077 or 771?

My IP starts with 77.
    This means I no longer can visit your forum together with hundreds of thousands of other legit users ..

77.x is very very very direct. and blocks huge ranges from various countries.

Comment

Really? The guy on the other thread said all Ips that start with 77 are Amsterdam. I'll tell ya then. There is no way to stop this nonsense. I can't figure it out. they are flodding my forum. It's unbearable.

Comment

Indeed, there's no way to stop abuse. One user's computer from amsterdam might be abused, mine is not and I am a valid user.

Use the Q+A option and use creative home made questions. This stops most automated flood bots. And let them flood your forum, they are just users and in moderation and their posts too. Valid users their posts can be accepted and your end users won't even notice the site is being flooded.

Comment

Yea, but it makes it hard to figure out which ones are the real members and which ones are spam. I already screwed one up.

Comment

How do I use the Q+A option to create a homeade question.

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...38&postcount=4

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                Use the Q+A option and use creative home made questions. This stops most automated flood bots. And let them flood your forum, they are just users and in moderation and their posts too. Valid users their posts can be accepted and your end users won't even notice the site is being flooded.
                That is not an option when you are running on 3.6*

Comment

Then I recommend again to upgrade to 3.7 where the anti spam tools are improved.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X