Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does this error mean?

Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Host 'boscgi0202.eigbox.net' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server
    /hermes/bosweb/web040/b408/ipw.vtjeepor/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 274

MySQL Error :
    Error Number :
    Date : Saturday, August 30th 2008 @ 07:09:06 PM
    Script : http://www.vtjeep.org/index.php
    Referrer :
    What does this error mean?

Host 'boscgi0202.eigbox.net' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

It looks like the config.php file has incorrect information. Make sure you have the correct information in your config.php file for the name of the mysql host. See this page in the manual - Editing the vBulletin Configuration File

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

If I had an error in the file, wouldn't that effect everyone and not only this "boscgi0202.eigbox.net"?

Comment

Question is, if boscgi0202.eigbox.net is the hostname of your webslave/webserver?
        http://www.mcseboard.de/images/buttons/lastpost.gif www.MCSEboard.de
        German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

So the site is actually up and running with just these occassional errors?

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

Yes. It's up and running here. It's just that occasionally, I get these errors. I've had a number of spammers lately, whose IPs I've been adding to the banned IP list, so I thought maybe the two were connected.

Comment

Originally posted by loaf View Post
              Yes. It's up and running here. It's just that occasionally, I get these errors. I've had a number of spammers lately, whose IPs I've been adding to the banned IP list, so I thought maybe the two were connected.
              I've never had an error like that when my site was still running. I'm not really sure what you should do about it. It looks like someone is trying to connect to your database (unsuccessfully, thank goodness). I'd grab their IP and then ban them from the server level.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
                I'd grab their IP and then ban them from the server level.
                How would I do that? The first part, I mean. I realize that the second part is done through my host's control panel.

Comment

Originally posted by loaf View Post
                  How would I do that? The first part, I mean. I realize that the second part is done through my host's control panel.
                  Usually in the error (the one you posted in the first post) there is a line that says "IP Address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx".

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X