Moderating first X posts of new members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderating first X posts of new members

As spam prevention I want to moderate the first X posts of new members. I could swear there was a way for me to define which group a new registrant falls into, and from there I could opt to moderate that usergroup, and after X posts they would be promoted to the main usergroup, able to post without limitations.

But for some reason I can't find the place where I can define which group a new user falls into. Or was I dreaming that?

1. Set the registered usergroup so that all posts are moderated.

2. Create a new usergroup with the appropriate overall permissions and no moderation:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Add New Usergroup

3. Create a Promotion to promote users that reach this post level to that group:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Promotions
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I was just looking again for threads on this topic myself -- I followed those directions a few weeks ago and find that people are still able to make an unmoderated first post in some cases and in others it seems that if they make one post then a second, they perhaps get automatically promoted even though I haven't approved their first post?

The settings for the promotion are:

0 reputation level, 0 days registration, 1 post, promotion strategy set to join date, promotion type 'primary user group', and I have a new group people are moved to after 1 post, with the original group set to have all posts moderated.

Could my problem be related to this:

Jumping is evaluated based on the time period defined in the Scheduled Tasks section (Default: Every 1 Hour)
      The situation right now is very frustrating as some people go into moderation, some do not, and I really need ALL first posts to be moderated. Any help much appreciated!

Comment

Ah think I got it -- should have been set to 'posts' for promotion strategy. I think there must have been an error on the original directions I read in an old thread as I know I carefully copied them and doublechecked (but maybe I did miss this! Doh!).

If I change the setting to posts do I have to update in the management section?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X