Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blocking links in signatures only (not posts)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marblespc3
    replied
    Thanks Chris...I actually think I overlooked implementing this, so glad you replied to the thread and reminded me! Thanks for spelling out the procedure, helpful and appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• Christophe_O
    replied
    This is an old thread but I am saving it for future reference. Thank you Peter for the succinct question and Steve for the answer. Following Steve's advice in detail (for my own notes and for anyone interested):

Usergroups --> Usergroup Manager --> Registered Users: Edit Usergroup: Go --> Signature Permissions: Allow Link BBcode: NO... (Then remember to click "Update" at the very bottom or press "Enter" on your keyboard.)

For more variations on this question I suggest the following thread:

"Preventing Members From Linking."
    Last edited by Christophe_O; Wed 27th Oct '10, 8:42pm.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Set 'Allow Link BB Code' to 'No' in the Usergroup Signature permissions.

Leave a comment:

• Marblespc3
    started a topic Blocking links in signatures only (not posts)

Blocking links in signatures only (not posts)

Is it possible for me to disallow linking in signatures only, and still allow linking in the body of the message? I want to stop several users who are link spamming in their signatures, creating links to theoir own related sites at the expense of my own page rank. But I want to continue to allow those who want to share related links at ebay etc. via the body of their message.

I searched the forum, but could not find threads detailing how to block it in sigs, but not in the post... please help