3.6.8 appears as 3.7.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.6.8 appears as 3.7.2

We've recently had some issues with Windows IIS and we were forced to use a Windows backup. Due to lack of communication, our MySQL files were overwritten with an old data set from January. We've updated the database to a backup made in April, but it appears we're still having problems. The software says that it is running version 3.7.2 (which it was prior to server problems). The backup that was restored was from 3.6.8. We're encountering missing tables, missing field sets and other random little issues.

Is there any solution for this, such as a manual version change back to version 3.6.8 so I can re-run the upgrade process so the tables & data are properly upgraded?

http://www.xboxnation.net

Ensure that the database was restored to an empty database and run install/upgrade.php after doing so.

Comment

Okay, I ran the upgrade script:

Your vBulletin (3.7.2) does not appear to be running the version that was downloaded (3.6.8).
      This generally means your upgrade was not successful. Please ensure that you have uploaded the latest files and click here to try again.
      If you are sure you wish to continue with this part of the upgrade, click here.
      And it immediately took me to install/finalupgrade.php & after running it, it still shows as the 3.7.2 Control Panel. Should I upload a different version of vB and try it again?

Edit: Uploaded another database restore, ran upgrade and didn't have any problem.
      Last edited by XFSImperial; Thu 10 Jul '08, 4:22pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X