Help, Forums are disappearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, Forums are disappearing

I am missing all but one of my forums, I add a new subforum and right after that almost all of mine disappeared. this is not the first time this has happened, last time I just restored from a backup, but I'm sick of loosing 1000's of posts. Any clue how to fix this. I did a repair/ optimize through admincp and this is what I am getting when it gets to fourm.

Warning: Size of datafile is: 23840 Should be: 23784 forum Check Warning: Found 1012 deleted space in delete link chain. Should be 996 forum Check Error: Found more than the expected 18 deleted rows in delete link chain forum Check Error: record delete-link-chain corrupted forum Check Error: Corrupt

Originally posted by GsxrTony View Post
    I am missing all but one of my forums, I add a new subforum and right after that almost all of mine disappeared. this is not the first time this has happened, last time I just restored from a backup, but I'm sick of loosing 1000's of posts. Any clue how to fix this. I did a repair/ optimize through admincp and this is what I am getting when it gets to fourm.

Warning: Size of datafile is: 23840 Should be: 23784 forum Check Warning: Found 1012 deleted space in delete link chain. Should be 996 forum Check Error: Found more than the expected 18 deleted rows in delete link chain forum Check Error: record delete-link-chain corrupted forum Check Error: Corrupt

Ok I just fixed it by restoring my forum table from last nights backup, BUT what would cause my forum table to go corrupt every time I add a subforum?

Comment

It is most likely to be a problem with the database which is coming to light when making changes which affect this table.

To fix this run Repair/Optimize in the Admin CP. You may need to run it more than once to fix all errors:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Repair/Optimize Tables -> Check All -> Continue

If you cannot access the Admin CP you can also use phpMyAdmin to repair tables.
      Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

the error posted above, is what I am getting as a result of doing just what you posted. I just had to restore the forum table again from backup. what could be causing this table to get corrupted? this time it wasnt after i changed anything

• Warning: Size of datafile is: 23840 Should be: 23784
        • Forum Check Warning: Found 1012 deleted space in delete link chain. Should be 996
        • Forum Error: Found more than the expected 18 deleted rows in delete link chain
        • Forum Check Error: record delete-link-chain corrupted
        • Forum Check Error: Corrupt

Comment

That table is still corrupted and needs to be repaired. Please see these instructions for other available methods to repair a database:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/repair.html
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X