Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the rules on your forum, and updates to your FAQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the rules on your forum, and updates to your FAQ?

Hello,

We've had a couple situations recently that brought to light the fact that we don't have (in writing) a certain set of rules and guidelines (someone on our forum was suicidal, and another forum member was completely misrepresenting herself and situation).

So - what are the rules that you put up on your forums?

Also, I haven't even touched our FAQ - I would like to update them, but would love some input on what you've done.

Thanks!

Wrong Forum.

You're asking specific customized questions for each persons board.

You are protected by a law if in the United States as to which all 3rd party information put on your website by "3rd parties" you are not responsible for. Therefore if the suicidal person killed themselves because of the other individual pushing them over the edge, not your fault.

This has held up with youtube, myspace, and dontdatehimgirl.com < the latter having to remove some false information, but again...not liable for damages.

As far as FAQ updates and special Rules, I'd ask in the Community Lounge or at vB.org as pretty much everyone there already has purchased vBulletin forum software...I mean why else would they be there? Meaning there admins, so ask them any specific changes they might have made.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X