Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sending emails to mutli members...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sending emails to mutli members...

    ...How do I do it please?

    Up until now - I have gone the really long way around and got the members email address and copied it into "Word 2003" with a space between each addy.

    I then copy and paste the entire lot into the CC section on of my web based email and send. As my members list have grwon I stopped doing the above at about 300-400 members, I now have 888 at the time of typing this.


    Thanks In Advance.
    www.Talk.ElectricianForum.co.uk - The UKs Leading and Most respected Electricians Forum.

  • #2
    AdminCP -> Users -> Send E-mail to Users
    Regards,
    Nick

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Nick View Post
      AdminCP -> Users -> Send E-mail to Users
      Hi Nic - Thanks for your reply.

      I tried that before doing it my long and drawn out way, but it didn't appear to work. :_|
      www.Talk.ElectricianForum.co.uk - The UKs Leading and Most respected Electricians Forum.

      Comment


      • #4
        When did you try it?
        What version of vB?

        Why don't you try sending a test e-mail to yourself and see if it works.
        Regards,
        Nick

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Nick View Post
          When did you try it?
          What version of vB?

          Why don't you try sending a test e-mail to yourself and see if it works.

          Sorry for the delay Nick, I tried it twice - once in late February and again - I believe - in March.

          I am running Version 3.6.8
          www.Talk.ElectricianForum.co.uk - The UKs Leading and Most respected Electricians Forum.

          Comment


          • #6
            Okay.

            1) What is causing you to think it isn't working?

            2) If you send a test e-mail to yourself, does it work?

            3) If it doesn't work, try disabling all plugins. To do this, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

            define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

            4) Once you have disabled all plugins, try a test e-mail again. Did it work?
            Regards,
            Nick

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Nick View Post
              Okay.

              1) What is causing you to think it isn't working?

              2) If you send a test e-mail to yourself, does it work?

              3) If it doesn't work, try disabling all plugins. To do this, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

              define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

              4) Once you have disabled all plugins, try a test e-mail again. Did it work?


              Thanks Nick - tried a test email to myself - didn't receive it.

              It is starting to get above my knowledge on php etc, which is low anyway.
              www.Talk.ElectricianForum.co.uk - The UKs Leading and Most respected Electricians Forum.

              Comment


              • #8
                This is a very simple PHP edit... it requires no knowledge, really.

                Via FTP, browse your vBulletin installation on your server. Navigate to yoursite.com/includes/config.php.
                Download that file, open it with a text editor (Notepad or Microsoft Word Pad) and follow the directions above.

                Back to FTP, upload the updated config.php file exactly where it originally was, and choose yes to overwrite.

                If the problem stops, then the original issue is because of an installed third party mod.

                If you want more in-depth suggestions, open a support ticket from your vBulletin Member's Area.
                Regards,
                Nick

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Nick View Post
                  This is a very simple PHP edit... it requires no knowledge, really.

                  Via FTP, browse your vBulletin installation on your server. Navigate to yoursite.com/includes/config.php.
                  Download that file, open it with a text editor (Notepad or Microsoft Word Pad) and follow the directions above.

                  Back to FTP, upload the updated config.php file exactly where it originally was, and choose yes to overwrite.

                  If the problem stops, then the original issue is because of an installed third party mod.

                  If you want more in-depth suggestions, open a support ticket from your vBulletin Member's Area.

                  Nick - Thank You. I will have a look at it when I put my children to bed later - I will have some peace then.


                  I will let you know how I get off. Thanks again for your patients.

                  Regards,

                  Welshy.
                  www.Talk.ElectricianForum.co.uk - The UKs Leading and Most respected Electricians Forum.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hi Nick - Sorry for the delay. It appears that my webdesigner has password protected it. :_|

                    And I can't get hold of her.
                    www.Talk.ElectricianForum.co.uk - The UKs Leading and Most respected Electricians Forum.

                    Comment

                    widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X