Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim L. Walker
    replied
    Done. Maybe if you added your $.02 in there, it might get pushed through to the devs.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I'm not arguing with you. I can see how either way someone would like it to be the other way. As I said it was frequently requested to remove the need to manually click on sending these emails. Once again please feel free to post a suggestion in the proper forum. This is not going to be changed or even considered without that.

Leave a comment:

• Tim L. Walker
    replied
    Do you not see how this could be a problem for some users? It doesn't really affect me much, as my server can handle the load, but my previous server would not have been able to...

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    It's not 'broke' since it's working as designed. This has also been frequently requested for many years.

Leave a comment:

• Tim L. Walker
    replied
    Well, this is more of a **** up than a suggestion... To fix something they broke in a recent update...

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim L. Walker View Post
    Oh... I assumed that the support and development staff would be in communication with each other... can you pass this along to the devs? Maybe in a future release, have the auto redirect as an option? I would think that being able to throttle emails being sent out would be something important to the devs and many users who have decent-sized forums...
    In order for Suggestions to be considered by vBulletin developers, they shall be posted in the Suggestions Forum.

Leave a comment:

• Tim L. Walker
    replied
    Oh... I assumed that the support and development staff would be in communication with each other... can you pass this along to the devs? Maybe in a future release, have the auto redirect as an option? I would think that being able to throttle emails being sent out would be something important to the devs and many users who have decent-sized forums...

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    As I said I don't know. This was a decision made by the Devs.

Leave a comment:

• Tim L. Walker
    replied
    So why was this change made, then?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Sorry I do not know why that is the case. And changing this requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• Tim L. Walker
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    That is correct.
    Why is this no longer the case? It was the only way we could throttle our server load... by sending out, say, 1000 emails at a time, then waiting for the server to recover for a couple of minutes, then sending out the next 1000, etc, etc. Is there no way to disable the auto "next page"? If not, why not?

Leave a comment:

• Sal Collaziano
    replied
    Okay. I took that into consideration and figured it was simply going to send out 2500 messages at a time. However, it only sent out the first 2500 messages and that was it.. Other vBulletins on the same server work... I guess I'll just wait and see what happens when I upgrade to the latest version.

Thank you...

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    That is correct.

Leave a comment:

• Sal Collaziano
    replied
    With other vBulletins I'm running, I have to click a button to continue on to the next page of emails to send.. Is that no longer the case?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Then it sent all the emails it was support to.

vB uses the server for it's email. If there are problems, then the issue is either with the server itself or on the receiving end.

Please see this page for help troubleshooting email problems:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/troubleshoot_email

Leave a comment: