Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renumber / Repair vB User IDs

Hello.

A year or so ago we had a database crash and after restoring the database all user IDs were really big.. .for example, 310193065 when we only have around 60000 users.

This is starting to cause a problem (for example, there is a bug in ibparcade and it does not work with high userids), so I think we should renumber all the user IDs.

Is there a repair tool to do this, renumber the userids and keep the posts, threads, etc all OK?

Thanks so much.

There is no function or tool to do this. It would require someone writing a custom script which could be a very big tasks since all the relevant userids in all the tables would need to be updated correctly.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi Steve,

Thanks and great to hear from you.

I assume that the user ids in vB are an int, so there are 2^32 possible user ids (or maybe 2^32-1) possible with vB on modern 32 bit machines?

In ibProArcade (current release), all large user IDs are (erroneously) truncated to 8388607, which is 2^23-1 .

So, I guess the solution is to ask the developer of ibProArcade to fix their bug....

Thanks again for the feedback.

Comment

To follow-up (closing the loop on this bug).

vBulletin user IDs seem to be unsigned integers, where the unsigned range of user IDs is 0 to 4294967295.

ipProArcade uses signed mediumints for user IDs, where the range of user IDs is -8388608 to 8388607.

Ref: http://www.ispirer.com/doc/sqlways38...ays-1-190.html

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X