How to protect my content from members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to protect my content from members

We have always had certain members who insisted on deleting their posts or just editing them until there was nothing left worth keeping. Lately though we have had members go back through literally hundreds or thousands of posts and just delete them or clear out everything from them. Many of these people had posted hundreds and thousands of technical posts that we never thought we had to "protect" from the very people who created them!

Yesterday I turned off delete as well as put on a 24 hour limit in which you can edit your posts. Obviously this isn't sitting too well with the communities. What is the best solution to allow people to edit their posts as well as protect the content itself?

We have several websites that we run that this needs to be done on. How do other sites protect their content?

Thanks.

Larry and Tom

vBulletin 3.7 has the option to store a post edit history so if you only allow soft-deleting and ensure that the post edit history is enabled, there is no way for members to permanently remove valuable posts, they can always be pulled back from the records in the database.

Comment

Kier, Thanks! We now have a very good reason to upgrade!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X