Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prune Posts But user name remains on forum

Hi

When you prune a forum of posts from a specific user, it removes the posts but when you view the forum say home page it still says for example:

Hello everybody
    by Tcrubuyuuie
    Yesterday 07:14 PM

How do I actually remove his name from the forum view so it shows the real last poster?

I've tried running the update forum counter, what else do I need to do?

Cheers

You can't because that is the last post.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi Steve

But the post has been deleted and removed, so it's no longer the last post, that's my point.

Are we saying that Vb simply can't tell if a post has been deleted?

UPDATE:
      Actually i've just looked at the forum now this morning and now his username has been removed and the forum is showing the last post to be from the user who's posts were there before the spammers. Which is exactly what I would expect

Do we have some kind of delay on the updating of counters?

Comment

Hmmm...I don't see how that can be is you updated the thread and forum counters. Try again.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Agreed, shouldn't be happening but is.

Infact I have another user now, I've pruned all his posts, and ran thread counter and forum counter just now and he stills shows as the last poster in the thread.

Happy to give you admin so you can take a look , if you don't mind the PM.

Regards
          SH

Comment

Assuming you do not have any third-party add-ons installed, fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
            X