Exporting and importing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting and importing

I've completed an export/import of a 772 MB vbulletin DB as part of switching servers. I'm using a database made in version 3.6.0. The import kept getting errors involving the postindex table, so I manually imported each table.

Right now, everything is over on the new server except for the postindex table. I have 1,858,120 of the 7,879,540 total records moved over. I've got it down to just that table and what I did was breakpoint where the last record was inserted, remove records to that point and then rerurn the .sql import in SSH. The file shrinks about 7 MB for each run I do, but this will take forever. Right now, I have a 310 MB export from mysql of just the non-inserted records from that table (~6,000,000). But, it never runs for more than 1,000,000 records before some error occurs when importing in SSH.

So, my questions are:

A. Is there a better way to import this table? I'm wondering if the immense number of records is causing the errors (I checked the .sql and it's just a ton of inserts).

B. Is there anyway I can simply rebuild this table given all 110 other tables came over perfectly?

I'd rather not be stuck doing 50 7MB imports to get this entire table over in the same state, so I wondered if there were better options.

You could always just empty that table (and 'word') then rebuild the search index.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X