• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jamestl2
    started a topic (FIXED) MAJOR Login Errors

(FIXED) MAJOR Login Errors

I don't know what's going on, I keep getting this error:

Wrong username or password. You have used up your failed login quota! Please wait 15 minutes before trying again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!
    Here's What's Happening:

A new user registered with my forums, they received their welcome email and everything. But when they try to login, they keep getting the error above.

Now it's getting really frustrating, while they attempted to login, I tried to go into my adminCP to find out what's going on. Then I get the errors too! So I waited 15 minutes, then I was able to login just fine.

Next I change the user's password to see if that was the problem. They tried logging in again, but they get the same error as above. Then I log out of the adminCP and try to log in again, but can't, I get the exact same errors again.

The user is on my same IP though (They're one of my family members), but I had a couple others register like this before too without getting any errors like this.

This is the FIRST time anything like this has happened.

Any Ideas?

(Update: OK it seems like that they were able to log in just fine with firefox, and the errors seem to be gone for the time being. I have no idea why it was causing these login problems for IE though, and I hope they don't happen in the future for some reason.)
    Last edited by jamestl2; Fri 16 May '08, 9:36am.