X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacked: vB vs. Server Question

Hi all,

Quick question (I think):

The webhost that I use allows me to use phpBB for free. About a year or two ago I tried using that, but the message boards got hacked. I assumed it was because I was using a free message board and didn't put much thought into security at all.

So I bought vBulletin. I've been loving it. However, over the weekend my message boards got hacked again. My message boards aren't even public (only friends and family know about it), and I only have about 14 or so members. So there's no reason why anyone would try to hack me, personally. Because of what happened last time, I even have it set so users can't post or do anything until I approve them.

So my question is: I can pretty much just assume I am getting hacked through my webhost / database, right? In other words, I should change webhosts, right?

Here's a link to my forums, in case you need to see how it actually got hacked: http://www.fantvforums.com/vb/index.php

Ask your host to track down how they got in. If your have other scripts running like phpbb with your vBulletin, then they can sneak in that way. You should also run Maintenance > Diagnostics > Suspect File Versions

How To Make My Forums More Secure

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X