Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I code the announcements and moderator bits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    You can also email [email protected] directly.

Leave a comment:

• Mahar
    replied
    The thing is, I don't have any of these member logins. I am an administrator/co-owner of the site but, the owner has access to all of the things for that link..

But yeah, it's confusing how only one shows up. It's Alphabetical order...but only shows one. I looked over the coding and conditional...nothings seems wrong.

Any other way to get that contact form? Considering the owner is pretty much a full time student and usually doesn't come on for about 2 months.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    I don't know why it isn't showing all moderators for that forum. We can take a look if you submit a trouble ticket with a URL and admin login to your forum:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Leave a comment:

• Mahar
    replied
    The three who are specifically assigned to that forum are all administrators. Only one of them shows up in the table. Why is that?

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Note that it doesn't show super moderators. It only shows moderators who are specifically assigned to that forum.

Leave a comment:

• Mahar
    replied
    Yeah I know...but I meant all moderators of the specific forum...it's only showing me one.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    That particular moderator display only shows moderators of that specific forum. There is no option to have it show all moderators.

Leave a comment:

• Mahar
    replied
    Any way to make it show all Moderators? I coded it and it only shows one moderator...haha.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Originally posted by Mahar View Post
    Okay...for the first one..I have the coding but I need a conditional that way the table doesn't appear if there are no moderators.
    In the FORUMDISPLAY template? This condition should work:

Code:
    <if condition="$show['moderators']">

</if>
    Originally posted by Mahar View Post
    For the Announcements, I want it so it appears as number 2 in the screenshot. I've been having troubles doing this. I've gotten the location etc to disappear but I can't get anywhere after that...any coding I can do to make it a Three Column table like in the screenshot?
    You would have to make some nontrivial changes to the table structure of the FORUMDISPLAY template and other related templates. I don't have exact code for that.

Leave a comment:

• Mahar
    started a topic How do I code the announcements and moderator bits?

How do I code the announcements and moderator bits?

I figured a new title would suit well. That way people know what I'm trying to ask.

Again, both of my questions are in a screenshot.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9...estionsvk1.jpg

Okay...for the first one..I have the coding but I need a conditional that way the table doesn't appear if there are no moderators. Here is the coding:

PHP Code:
    <table class="tborder" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" border="0" width="100%" align="center">

<
    tr>
                    <
    td class="thead">This forum is moderated by:</td>
                </
    tr>
                <
    tr>

<
    td class="alt1">
                        <
    div class="smallfont">
                            <
    a href="member.php?$session[sessionurl]u=$moderator[userid]">$moderator[musername]</a>
                        </
    div>
                    </
    td>
                </
    tr>

</
    table
    For the Announcements, I want it so it appears as number 2 in the screenshot. I've been having troubles doing this. I've gotten the location etc to disappear but I can't get anywhere after that...any coding I can do to make it a Three Column table like in the screenshot?

I've been working on these things for almost a month.
    Last edited by Mahar; Tue 29 Apr '08, 10:35am.
Working...
X