Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My forum is no longer accessible

Hi

I upgraded to the 3.6.10 today and at first my forum worked fine. Now I cant access it at all - and believe me I have tried every which way.

I am not sure what I need to do for support as this is my first time here...

Please can you help - I just don't know what to do (and I am a complete novice at this)

Many thanks

What's the URL and what is happening exactly?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi Steve

The URL is

http://www.wakelovercruisereviews.co...rums/index.php

Basically all was going well (although after I had uploaded 3.6.10 I did get an error message when I was in the last part of the upload just before being taken to the admincp but then it seemed to be fine)
      I checked my templates and they seemed to be okay so I didnt "revert" anything (hope that's right )

All was working well and then I get this message

Database errorThe WakeLover Cruise Reviews Forum database has encountered a problem.Please try the following: The www.wakelovercruisereviews.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.
      We apologise for any inconvenience
      Could it be something I've done in config.php??? I have checked and rechecked and checked again...

I dont understand why it was working fine and now this... I cant even get into admincp to twiddle with stuff....not that I know what I'm twiddling with.

So confused and members emailing me left right and center!!!!

Please help! BTW its running on Yahoo Server.

Comment

For future reference, right-click on the error page and go to View/Source. That will show the real database error message:

MySQL Error : Can't open file: 'user.MYI' (errno: 145)

MySQL error: 145 = Table was marked as crashed and should be repaired

This error means that table has crashed. To fix this run Repair/Optimize in the Admin CP. You may need to run it more than once to fix all errors:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Repair/Optimize Tables -> Check All -> Continue

If you cannot open your Admin CP then you can repair tables with phpMyAdmin. Under the SQL tab, run this query:

REPAIR TABLE user;

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
          For future reference, right-click on the error page and go to View/Source. That will show the real database error message:

MySQL Error : Can't open file: 'user.MYI' (errno: 145)

MySQL error: 145 = Table was marked as crashed and should be repaired

This error means that table has crashed. To fix this run Repair/Optimize in the Admin CP. You may need to run it more than once to fix all errors:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Repair/Optimize Tables -> Check All -> Continue

If you cannot open your Admin CP then you can repair tables with phpMyAdmin. Under the SQL tab, run this query:

REPAIR TABLE user;
          Please excuse my ignorance ...but how do I do this please??? Do I just go to NEW, enter this and then Run PHP....????

Comment

PhpMyAdmin is a MySQL database management tool. Most web hosts provide this aspart of the web site management tools such as CPanel, Plesk or Ensim. Look for
            a link to SQL or MySQL Databases. If you can't find it I suggest you ask your host about this.

If for some reason they do not provide phpMyAdmin or an equivalent MySQL manager, then you can download and install phpMyAdmin yourself from this location:

http://www.phpmyadmin.net/

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I do have PHPMyAdmin - just not sure how to run queries etc

Comment

Click on the SQL tab and run this:

REPAIR TABLE user;

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Hold on...I've done it. You little star you!!!! xx Thank you so much for your patience. We got there in the end.

Really appreciate it Steve - you're an angel!

Comment

Glad I could help.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I'm having the same problem too but everytime i try to repair it tells me that its either Ok, table up to date and it says it's "in use"
                      www.dancehallareaz.com
                      www.caribnation.com

Need i say more?

Comment

'In use' means the table is still corrupted.

Please start your own thread if you need more help.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

cool thanks
                          www.dancehallareaz.com
                          www.caribnation.com

Need i say more?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X