Question about Usergroups ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Usergroups ?

I use different Usergroups already, but I would like to add one which is not a promotion, it should just be a Usergroup based on a request from a member to join, is this possible ? If yes, how ?

Thanks

Create the Usergroup as you normally would:

AdminCP > Usergroups > Add New Usergroup

Within the new Usergroup permissions, make sure that "Public (Joinable) Custom Usergroups" is set to Yes. Then from the Usergroup Manager page, Add Usergroup Leader. This will make it so members that request to join the new Usergroup, will have to be authorized by the group's leader.
    James

Comment

Thanks, this works very well, I just need one thing:

Can the usergroups leader be notified by mail or PM when a new request is made ?

Comment

I agree, it's logical that some form of notification of join requests is added.
        Toddler from Hell

Comment

I would also like that when a request have been approved, the user is moved to the new usergroup automatically, now it seems the are members of both, I would like them to just be a member of one usergroup.

Comment

Such usergroups are typically treated as Additional usergroups, not primary ones.
            It isn't a problem in my opinion, as you can configure public usergroups to do everything primary usergroups do and more.

It is intentional because people may choose to leave the groups at any time and if this was done to a primary usergroup you would have to store the old usergroup in the database for the user leaving to have a primary usergroup to return to. Last, but not least, users can be part of multiple public usergroups, what then?
            Toddler from Hell

Comment

Yeah, I understand that logic - but why are the leaders shown on showgroups ? I mean, someone has to approve these, but we donĀ“t want to be shown in this group !

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X