Clear All

• Host moved and it's all messed up.

I get this error:

<!--
    Database error in vBulletin :
    Invalid SQL:
    SELECT *
    FROM vb3_datastore
    WHERE title IN ('','options','bitfields','attachmentcache','forumcache','usergroupcache','stylecache','la nguagecache','products','pluginlist','cron','profilefield','userstats','birthdaycache','ma xloggedin','iconcache','eventcache','mailqueue');
    MySQL Error : Table 'texasrac_vb.vb3_datastore' doesn't exist
    Error Number : 1146
    Date : Wednesday, April 23rd 2008 @ 05:28:17 AM
    Script : http://www.texasracingsite.com/TRS/index.php
    Referrer :
    IP Address : 65.185.136.225
    Username :
    Classname : vB_Database
    -->

</body>
    </html>

I've updated the config.php to read the new server for "memcache" with the new IP address but that's it. Anything else?

I think this error has occurred because when the host moved the database along with the on-hand files, they didn't complete the upload of the database. There is my problem.

Comment

Are you able to make another backup of database if these solutions do not work and if not, do you have one prior to this move. Can you post the number of table(s) shown in phpMyAdmin.

Possible that table is missing 'texasrac_vb.vb3_datastore' from the database or your table prefix is wrong in the includes/config.php file:

Code:
      	//	****** TABLE PREFIX ******
      	//	Prefix that your vBulletin tables have in the database.
      $config['Database']['tableprefix'] = '';
      Make sure table prefix, database name & password are for new server.
      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194542

Did they use method "restore" or just uploaded files.

Comment

I did backups through the directadmin provided by my host. I manually uploaded the latest backup. Do I still need to do something to the mysql? Or should the restore option automatically do this?

Comment

If this options works for you, then use it. You need to make sure you uploaded same version files and or the exact files from other host and you have stated that you correctly have made edits to config.php. You should be able to run it without any trouble.
          http://www.directadmin.com/demo.html

Comment

I've already restored it.

I still have the same problem.

The tables for my site only read 44 tables.

Comment

Originally posted by Los View Post
              I've already restored it.

I still have the same problem.

The tables for my site only read 44 tables.
              There is a problem with my backup. I think the backup itself is bad.

Comment

Are you able to get another backup from the other host, as you only have about one third of the tables and if not, can you use an older working database backup. It could also did not restore properly and you should try it restoring on another newly empty database.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
                  Are you able to get another backup from the other host, as you only have about one third of the tables and if not, can you use an older working database backup. It could also did not restore properly and you should try it restoring on another newly empty database.
                  Get ready for this.

I have 3 databases up. One is a dev site named xxx_01, a VB advertising script, and the main database, trs_vb or whatever the phat is.

Well, according to the upload and subsequent restore, the program (through directadmin) would only partially restore trs_vb while completely restoring both xxx_01 and the vb adscript. 01 is practically empty, only with a few registrations, some mods, etc.

I don't get it.

Comment

You do need to ask to get backup using method in the link below, as most of those front end backups can only do small database sizes. I do know that some do breakup databases into several parts, that is set that way to prevent over usage of resources. Restoring can also timeout if database is to large for front end script, but since it is possible that you or host that you are on and or from made a incomplete backup, then you have to use another if you can not get one from your former host. You do know that you if you have a file system for attachments, that you have to make a proper backup of those or you will get alot of broken links.

Backing Up The Database via SSH/Telnet
                    Restoring The Database via SSH/Telnet

Comment

Ok so my site is back up. I'm not quite sure what the guy (a friend who browses my message board) did but did small chunk uploads. I used an older but recent backup that had all the files. He said that there were errors because of the size of the files that were being reloaded into the database, if that makes sense.

Now that it's complete and the site "seems" to work, is there anything I need to do as far as the config.php is concerned?

Comment

Admin Control PAnel > Maintenance > Repair / Optimize Tables > Check (select 30) > Options > Repair Tables: [Yes] >-Repeat Process-< (if errors popup)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X