Admin Page blank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin Page blank

I just installed vB and everything went well, except when I log on to the Admincp, the page is just blank and doesn't go anywhere. I have already deleted and re upload everything, but I'm still having issues. Any clue?

Please see this for all the known causes of blank or 'white' pages:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/blank_pages
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      Please see this for all the known causes of blank or 'white' pages:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/blank_pages
      I re-uploaded everything in the admincp folder and it's still blank

Comment

There are more to those instructions than just reuploading the files.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
          There are more to those instructions than just reuploading the files.
          Correct but all those give directions through here:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

and

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Options -> GZIP HTML Output -> No

I can't even view the Admin CP page to go through those, or is this instructions for something else?

Comment

Originally posted by KellieK03 View Post
            Correct but all those give directions through here:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

and

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Options -> GZIP HTML Output -> No

I can't even view the Admin CP page to go through those, or is this instructions for something else?
            Check the mode the file was uploaded and file permissions,
            Try to disable all hooks and clean your browser cookies..
            Finally try tools.php file it always help
            Hope this helps
            StylWolny.pl - Polskie Forum Dyskusyjne | guziki wieszaki producent - Bonetti.pl
            Join Tattoo Group Now

Comment

Follow the instructions that you can do. Number 10 often comes up with the cause of the problem.
              Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne View Post
                Follow the instructions that you can do. Number 10 often comes up with the cause of the problem.
                OK, got a question, I have tried all 12 of those senerios and not one will help. The only page that gets a "blank" or "The page cannot be displayed" error while saving is FORUMDISPLAY. I even reverted back to the original template which it did but I still can not save it, any ideas? This just started out of the blue. I need to upgrade to 3.7 but have a feeling I should address this now at 3.6.3 before I upgrade?
                Do not click this link... you may save hundreds on your auto insurance.

Comment

Yes, you should sort this out before upgrading as issues before upgrading can be made worse by upgrading.

All the items on that page are the known reasons for getting blank pages. If you have followed all of them and are still getting blank pages then you will need to contact your host to check for other issues on your server.
                  Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Thanks Kerry
                    Here's my problem, I have a dedicated server, but my host is pathetic, they have no idea whats going on and will not even reply to my emails and they have no phone support so I guess I'm on my own.

Maybe you or others can suggest some places to look? I will set up my senerio as best I can:

I have a dedicated linux server with just my web sites on it of course.
                    (site A) I have a large site running VB 3.7.0 with no issues, everything works.

(site B) I have my problem site running VB 3.6.3 on the same server with the blank pages.

-------------------------

If this is a php issues wouldn't site A also not work correctly?
                    I'm looking for ideas on why I can not save FORUMHOME and FORUMDISPLAY on site B and have tried just about everything, it almost has to be some kind of server issue?

Comment

OK, found the problem, seems I just needed to restart my Apache service for that site, I probably had some arrent strings or something going on.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X