Latest Members, Latest Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Members, Latest Threads

Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to show the Latest Members (with their avatar), and the Latest Threads (with a small description of the thread) on a custom vB page? I am hoping it's a simple RSS Feed rather than a plugin or mod

Thanks
    Car Chops & Discussion
    NerdoPlex / My Nerdy Den of Design

I'm 99% positive this is a modification and you'll probably need to request or pay to have it made at vb.org, as I've never heard or seen this.

You might be able to combine some code to create it. You'll need a code to show the avatars, there are a few hacks where you can get this code from. Then you'll need to incorporate that in your New Posts page, and I think there is a code that you can find there that if you hover over the name of a thread it will show a short description of it. I don't think this is standard vb but it might be standard.

Anyways, that's the approach I would take to it. But most likely a mod, http://www.vbulletin.org.

Comment

Sounds like you might want to look into vbadvanced.com It creates a new homepage with all these features plus more and doesn't cost you a penny more.

Comment

Yeah, i've had vbadvanced, not the most editable CMS really.
        Car Chops & Discussion
        NerdoPlex / My Nerdy Den of Design

Comment

Well as I said, I'm near 80 or 90% positive I seen an add on at vb.org that shows you a threads description if you hover over it. So really this wouldn't be all that complicated to make. In fact, I also know of a mod that puts the avatar of the user next to the Thread they make, but I'm NOT sure if you can set that to JUST the New Posts screen or if it's on all pages like within forums.

But this would take slight modification to get a working set up going or something similar and acceptable.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X