Clear All

• Ninjadude101
    replied
    Well it definitely won't happen again

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Originally posted by Ninjadude101 View Post
    Well before you even replied, i turned everything back to how it was, everything works fine. But i should tell you, user id 8 is not the default group, it is the banned group. users go into the registered users when they join.
    I didn't go look up the ids, I just made the assumption that that's what you did. Sorry. But, the Banned group may also be hardcoded, and possibly the admin/moderators groups also (in fact, maybe all the original groups). It's just never a good idea to go into the database and change things unless you are absolutely certain that it won't mess anything else up.

Leave a comment:

• Ninjadude101
    replied
    Well before you even replied, i turned everything back to how it was, everything works fine. But i should tell you, user id 8 is not the default group, it is the banned group. users go into the registered users when they join.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    You should NOT change the usergroup ids!!! The Registered Usergroup, id 8, is a hard coded usergroup in the code. All new users go to that usergroup - id 8. Since you switched the ids, all your new users are going to the Banned usergroup.

Leave a comment:

• Ninjadude101
    started a topic Database trouble!! PLEASE HELP!!

Database trouble!! PLEASE HELP!!

I wrote a script in the postbit_legacy template to show ban buttons above users avatars in posts. This worked fine except the ban group was id:8 and another group i have is id:9. This meant that every user who's primary group was id:9, didn't have a ban button. I went to PHPMyAdmin, and simply made the banned group id:9 and the other group id:8.

Now my script could simply look for groups with an id below 9 and put a ban button, and any users in the group id:9 had an unban button. Ok, should have worked. Just a few things like changing the id to use the banned avatar on (more template work).

I fixed all that, but then i started getting random users saying they were banned. I looked at the user table. Of course. Half of them had their primary group to 9. Simply changed all 9s to 8s and vice versa. Now something weird has happened.

I have 16 members, but member list shows 7.
    Also a lot of members are banned, or have lost their avatar. Any suggestions? I could use some help lol..
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X