Poor Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Performance

I am running a forum and seeing very poor performance with some actions, such as sending new Private Messages. I can send the message and almost immediately I get a mail saying it has been sent but the forum interface hangs for 10-15 seconds before returning me back to the Private Message interface.

I noticed that I get a ton of Event Viewer messages stating it cannot find several files, such as agagbans.myi.

Any ideas what that could mean? Are those tables I should have? The forum seems to work without them. They are also in the list when I do Diags.

Thanks,

Shan

Are you on a shared server? Performance on shared servers is usually unreliable because of the other sites on the same server.

Here are some intensive features you can toggle to help performance:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> General Settings -> Thread/Forum Read Marking Type

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Forum Display Options (forumdisplay) -> Show Users Browsing Forums

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Forums Home Page Options -> Display Logged in Users?

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Searching Options -> Search Engine Enabled

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Email Options -> Use Mailqueue System

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Update Thread / Attachment Views Immediately

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Plugin/Hook System -> Enable Plugin/Hook System

If you continue to have slowness problems then I recommend you post in the Server Configuration forum. Post the info requested in this thread and they will be able to make recommendations:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70117

But if you are on a shared server then they will probably just tell you to upgrade to a better server.

Comment

This is my own server. It is a Quad Proc Intel Core 2 with 8GB of RAM. Performance is outstanding on the overall forum. It is only poor when I do certain things like after clicking to send a Private Message.

This is definately not a server load or performance issue.

Any thoughts on why the Event Viewer messages are complaining about the missing MYI files (a bunch of them that all start with 'agag')?

Thanks,

Shan

Comment

In that case it might be a configuration problem on your server. That is where the people in the server forum can help. I recommend you follow the link in my previous post and create a new thread in the server forum.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X