Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A warning on members PMs needed urgently - Important

Good day everybody,

In my forum I want to add a fixed line for any Personal Message between the members, as it is prohibited as one of the main rule in my forum forbids exchanging Emails or phone numbers.

Is there a way to stop members from doing that without writing a warning?

Otherwise I'll go for the warning that goes with any PM between any number of members exchanging PMs.

The warning preferably would be the first line in the PM with a RED color.

Thanking you in advance,

Best regards,

Sheefeh
    P.S. This is very important for my forum as the sales and other members fools some of my forum members with a deceptive Ads and misleading information.

There is no easy way to enforce content in PMs to prevent users from posting their personal info. But you can add a warning by editing the templates:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Private Message Templates -> pm_newpm

Add the red code at the top:

Code:
    [color=red]<div align="left" style="color: red; background-color: white; border: 1px solid black; padding:2px">
    	WARNING HERE
    </div>
    <br />[/color]

<form action="private.php?do=insertpm&amp;pmid=$pm[pmid]" method="post" name="vbform"<if condition="!is_browser('webtv')"> onsubmit="return vB_Editor['$editorid'].prepare_submit(this.title.value, 0)"</if>>

$postpreview

<table class="tborder" cellpadding="$stylevar[cellpadding]" cellspacing="$stylevar[cellspacing]" border="0" width="100%" align="center">
    <tr>
    	<td class="tcat">$vbphrase[post_new_private_message]</td>
    </tr>

<tr>

Comment

Thanks a lot dear

Comment

Sorry,

It didn't work at all dear Jake, I have performed exactly what you worte .. but noting happen!!

I noticed that the script of pm_newpm is much longer than what you used in ur example..

Sorry to bother you again

Regards

Sheefeh

Comment

I didn't post the entire template, only the top of it to put the red code into context. Just add that code to the top as indicated.

I tested this on my test forum and it worked. It added a warning at the top of the PM posting page.

Comment

Dear Jake,

I am sorry to tell you I couldn't make it working.. I have done exactly the same, I have included only the code on RED in the top of the template, but the warning doesn't show in the recipient PM at all, and it did nothing at all as well.

Is there any other template that related to it which may require an update?

I am using different language than English for the text I don't think this make any difference. Do you?

Does the warning text require quotations? Or there is a limit for the warning text size?

Anyway, I have applied the exact script in 3 different forums but it didn't work knowing that my forums are with vBulletin 3.6.8 if it does make a difference.

Appreciating your great support.

Regards,

Sheefeh

Comment

It shows on the PM posting page, not the PM viewing page.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
                It shows on the PM posting page, not the PM viewing page.

Dear Jake,

You are absolutely right.. I was looking on the wrong area, which is the PM posting, I have checked it and it is working just fine, also, I have included the same code on the top of the "pm_showpm" template and works just fine for both post a PM and vew a PM.

Thank you for the great help.

Regards,

Sheefeh

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X