Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rinnus
    replied
    why don't you explain it here. I have also a lot of mixed words and didn't modify the english language.

Leave a comment:

• Hossie
    replied
    I opened a ticket and someone fixed it for me. Maybe you should do the same.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff G
    replied
    I am having same problem!! except I have a full english board and I installed a italian language pack during 3.7 and it screwed up my phrases for english even after I reimported the english file again and removed all traces of the italian language pack.

I manually redid all 300 + phrases over and now I upgraded to 3.71 and guess what, all my phrases are 1/3 in italian and I can't get the english pack to install the phrases back to English!

any help my vb is english version!???

Leave a comment:

• Hossie
    replied
    It took me hours of playing around to get that fixed on 3.7. Now it happened again with 3.7.1.

This gets really annoying.

Leave a comment:

• Hossie
    replied
    The same thing happened again on today's update to 3.7. Hundreds of outdated phrases for the default master language (german - formal). I already tried reimporting the "correct" xml file from the ./install folder. No change. Maybe someone of the dev team has a nice sql query to fix it? I did not customize anything, I just want the 2 default german languages (formal, informal). But how!

(Reference on vBG: http://www.vbulletin-germany.com/for...ad.php?t=35890)

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You will need to ask vB-Germany for support with that.

Leave a comment:

• Hossie
    replied
    It's English.

Can I get it back to german?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    If you create a new language and the phrases are in English, then that is the master as per the database. If they are in German, then that is the master language.

Leave a comment:

• Hossie
    replied
    Because I imported the english master file once, do I now have english as master language? How to tell?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Ahhh. I had no idea were were not using the original language file since you are posting on these forums instead of the German ones.

I assume the one available on the German site is not a master language file, whereas ours is.

Leave a comment:

• Hossie
    replied
    Ok solved it. The vbulletin-language.xml file from the english vBulletin is _not_ the same as the vBulletin language download from the german support forums. If you import the correct file, all "updated" warnings are gone. This is really strange, but it works now. Why are both files different?

Code:
    623af4c5ec7d5201f2ab2c72c6a2fdf7  vbulletin-language-en.xml <- zip download from support forums
    bf6303418fc5622247d747df7d2afda9  vbulletin-language.xml <- members download from install/

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I do not know how to fix this. As I said I cannot duplicate this on an unmodified forum. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Hossie
    replied
    That didn't help.

I tried installing the english xml as 2nd English language. I am 100% sure that I said "create new language". Insted, it imported the english file into one of my 2 german files, and now one of the "german" languages is english!

What should I do now? I just want clean languages back.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I do not know of any way finalupgrade.php would do that to a non-modified forum. So I tested this myself and could not duplicate this problem. It work exactly like it's supposed to. I also do not know any query to 'clean' that.

You can try running this but I do not know if it will do what you want:

AdminCP -> Languages & Phrases -> Language Manager -> [Rebuild All Languages]

Leave a comment:

• Hossie
    replied
    After running finalupgrade.php again this has become a hundred or more phrases. Isn't there a convient SQL query?

Leave a comment: