Color For Moderators, Admin etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color For Moderators, Admin etc

I have a quick quote mod I added on that copies whatever text you highlight to the quick reply box. The problem is with formatting HTML as I do not have HTML enabled in all forums. Since I am the administrator if someone quotes me instead of saying [quote=larryd] it adds font color=red which only works for certain HTML enabled forums.

I figure instead of enabling HTML for all forums I'd rather find where (phrases, templtes, coding) it is written for moderators, admins etc to have their names color coded and change it from HTML to VBCode which is enabled on all my forums.
    Larry D
    www.newcelica.org

You can change the color of people's names with the username markup. See this thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=185289

That should not have anything to do with HTML being enabled in forums.

Comment

Problem is you can only use HTML is the markup box and not all of my forums support HTML so when I use the quick quote mod I have it copies the HTML into the QR box and it doesnt parse it since HTML is not enabled. I wanted to find out if I can use VBCode somehow instead.
      Larry D
      www.newcelica.org

Comment

No, you can use html in the markup box, the code use there has no realtionship to the per forum setting of being allowed to use html.

Comment

You are not understanding what I'm getting at. I have a mod for quick quote where if I was to highlight the text you posted in your message as soon as I release the mouse button it copies that content to the quick reply box. Basically it just uses onmouse events to copy the buffer and paste it in to the quick reply box. The problem is it quotes it from the full user which it grabs for me <font color=red><b>larryd</b></font> instead of actually showing my name in red. I'd either like to remove the color reference from just the copied content all together or replace the markup HTML with VBCode.

Make sense?
          Larry D
          www.newcelica.org

Comment

Thats a problem with your modification, not the default sfotware.

Comment

I'm aware of this; never said it was a problem. More of a "Is there a way to do this". So I am assuming there is no simple way for me to allow BBCode to work for the username markup?
              Larry D
              www.newcelica.org

Comment

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you; I appreciate the help.
                  Larry D
                  www.newcelica.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X