Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preventing New Users from Posting Links (One Forum Exception)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preventing New Users from Posting Links (One Forum Exception)

Is there a in vBulletin to prevent new users from posting links (until a certain number of posts) but allow them in one forum without a mod or is it built into the system?

Or maybe just preventing users from posting links until a certain number of posts have been met?
    Corey
    My Merchant Account Blog | Expression Web Blog

Using 3.6.8 Patch Level 2
    Last edited by Corey Bryant; Tue 25th Mar '08, 7:09am. Reason: Corrected Version
    Corey

Comment

Can You Stop Bumping Post Just Use The edit Buttom To Edit Stop Bumping Post

Yes There A Way

Read The Doc

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/

Maybe You Will Find Answer There

Or Just Wait For A Staff Member To Assist You But Reading The Doc Is Better

Comment

I accidentally posted an incorrect message unfortunately re: another problem and my reply post had nothing to do with my original message. So I was wanting to put something in there that had some value.

Right now, I have not been all that impressed with the support system at all. I was helping with another vBulletin forum a few years ago, and the support was stellar.

I searched the docs already for links / hyperlinks, but nothing relevant it seems came up, that is why I posted here for a little help.
        Corey

Comment

Then You Will Have To Wait For The Officer Staff To Support You

Comment

Originally posted by Corey Bryant View Post
            Is there a in vBulletin to prevent new users from posting links (until a certain number of posts) but allow them in one forum without a mod or is it built into the system?

Or maybe just preventing users from posting links until a certain number of posts have been met?
            Both of these options require custom coding. There is no feature in vBulletin that allows this by default. There is an addon at vBulletin.org that gives finer control of BBCodes on a usergroup basis instead of globally. You would have to look there to find it and we can't provide support for it.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X