How do paid subscriptions work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do paid subscriptions work?

If I set up a paid subscription to give added benefits from my site how do I set that up? also, if i set it for 1 year, will it automatically ask them if they want to renew and if they dont will it make them a normal user again and void of the benefits of being a paid subscriber?
    PixelPerfectForum.com

Originally posted by PPF View Post
    If I set up a paid subscription to give added benefits from my site how do I set that up?
    Basically you need to create a paid subscriber group with privileged access to your forum:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Add New Usergroup

Then you need to create a new paid subscription that puts people in that privileged group when they pay:

Admin CP -> Paid Subscriptions -> Add New Subscription

Now when a user purchases that subscription they will be placed into the privileged group and get additional access to your forum.

Originally posted by PPF View Post
    also, if i set it for 1 year, will it automatically ask them if they want to renew and if they dont will it make them a normal user again and void of the benefits of being a paid subscriber?
    The system sends out a reminder email 2-3 days before a subscription expires to remind the user to renew. If they don't renew in time then their subscription expires and their group memberships are restored to what they were before purchasing the subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
      The system sends out a reminder email 2-3 days before a subscription expires to remind the user to renew. If they don't renew in time then their subscription expires and their group memberships are restored to what they were before purchasing the subscription.
      I am wondering... what if you add a secondary group to them while they are in a paid subscription, and then they don't renew?
      Will that secondary group that was added be reverted, or will it remain?
      Regards,
      Nick

Comment

It will remain. Secondary groups don't overlap so there is no chance for conflict. That problem can only happen with primary groups.

Comment

thanks
          PixelPerfectForum.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X