Deleting ALL Private Messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting ALL Private Messages

OK - I've searched this topic for the past 45 minutes - didn't find much of anything really - but is there a way to delete all private messages? I've seen many requests for a Prune PMs feature - but apparently it hasn't been added in the various vBulletin versions - Perhaps with the 3.7 beta series - such a feature could be added easily? Obviously there is some need for it after viewing umpteen requests for key words "prune private messages"

At anyrate -perhaps there is a query I can run to delete all PMs? Does anyone know of such a query? Help please and TIA

Jacquii.
    Last edited by MsJacquiiC; Thu 20th Mar '08, 6:41pm. Reason: edited to include key words...

"Question my skill set perhaps, but never question my heart." -- JacquiiCooke.com

Are you talking abour deleting all of a certain user's PMs? Beause that can be done in the Admin CP under Users > Private Message Statistics. On 3.7, anyway.
    vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

Originally posted by Boofo View Post
      Are you talking abour deleting all of a certain user's PMs? Beause that can be done in the Admin CP under Users > Private Message Statistics. On 3.7, anyway.
      You can also delete an individual users' PM's by editing their profile and choosing "Delete all PMs sent by this user" or "Delete all user's PMs".
      Regards,
      Nick

Comment

Yes, that way, too.
        vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

Thanx for responding GUYS - I actually want to conserve a bit of space so that the JPiC database isn't so HUGE. And one way I thought of is to delete ALL PMs simultaneously. The reason being - I have Members who haven't been online to check their PMs in such a while... I have a modification installed SuperPM and I make use of it frequently. There was one time I sent a PM to all Members and the modification didn't function because one of the Members had met their limit of 100 PMs - So to alleviate any further mishaps with the SuperPM - I'd like to periodically select ALL PMs and delete at the click of a button.

I know this feature hasn't been implemented into vBulletin as of yet. I think it would be a nice feature if it's added into the 3.7 series actually - But for now - can YAWL tell me if there's a simple way that I can delete all PMs, whether by running a query or any other method?

Thanx,

Jacquii.

"Question my skill set perhaps, but never question my heart." -- JacquiiCooke.com

Comment