Just moved to a new server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just moved to a new server

and a number of members can't access the site as they are still going to the old location. We have tried telling them to clear cache etc but still no joy. Any ideas?

If you just moved to a new server, some people may not be able to access it because all DNS (domain name system) servers across the world may not have updated.
    It can take anywhere from 1 hour up to 7 days depending on your members' ISP.

Sometimes visitors will even be redirected to some weird pages.
    Regards,
    Nick

Comment

Originally posted by EagleNick View Post
      If you just moved to a new server, some people may not be able to access it because all DNS (domain name system) servers across the world may not have updated.
      It can take anywhere from 1 hour up to 7 days depending on your members' ISP.

Sometimes visitors will even be redirected to some weird pages.
      It wasn't a full change sort of. It is just strange 99.9% can access and only a few (pissed off) members can't I figured there was a way of clearing their cache or summit.

Comment

I have had users get my old server address after weeks of getting my new address, DNS is funny like that sometimes.

As a last resort I've had people put the new address in their host files until their ISP's DNS gets sorted out.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X